Over a year after receiving an eminently generous donation from George and Ruth Abdella, the Town of Caroga is moving forward to seek a new use for this historic landmark. We have spent the last several months developing a process we feel confident will ultimately provide the Town with the best possible outcome, and we are excited to begin.
We hope to determine a use that uniquely provides the greatest benefit to both current and future residents of the Town of Caroga, serves as an economic anchor for our town center and forever preserves the legacy of Sherman’s Park and its place in our town’s history. We invite the public to review the following outline, and encourage anyone with a development proposal idea to carefully review and complete the proposal template.
The timeline for the proposal process is as follows:
May – December:
- Public notices requesting final proposals for the Sherman’s property by December 31, 2016.
- Proposals are reviewed and assessed by the committee as they are received
- Oral presentations are made by the proposal owners at public meetings
- Advisory Committee makes recommendation to the Town Board
January - March:
- Final presentations are made to the Town Board
- Any other selection processes as determined by the Town Board are completed
Please submit completed proposals by email to: email@example.com at any time, but no later than December 31, 2016. Direct questions or inquiries regarding the proposal document or application process to this same email address.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Contact for the Town of Caroga: Town of Caroga, NY, P.O. Box 328, Caroga Lake, NY 12032